Thursday 8 July 2010

Midnight revelation

At exactly midnight, I had a spiritual revelation.

I got up and wrote it down immediately.
Now, am sharing it...


People tend to say, 'God watches you when you sin.'
It's to make you feel guilt, but it's not exactly true.

The Bible tells us that God cannot look at sin.
As Jesus, His own son, died on the cross, and ALL the sins of the world, past present and future were placed on him, God had no choice but to turn away.
(hence the phrase, 'My God. My God. Why have you forsaken me?')

So when you sin, God isn't perving and staring at you, making you feel the guilt...

nope...

He's turned His back on you. Because you, in turn, have turned your back on Him.

And that's when you lose His protection.
That's why the Devil takes his chances.
That's why things start to go wrong.

And until we accept God back and apologize for what we've done...

...

And so I leave you with the lyrics to a beautiful Ray Boltz song...
... to make you think...

'Do You still feel the nails,
Every time I fail?
Do you hear the crowd cry 'crucify' again?
Am I causing you pain?
I know I've got to change!
Because I just can't bare the thought of hurting You.'

No comments: