Sunday 22 August 2010

I love it when a taught plan comes together! :D

Have to get this all down. ya know... cos it's a movie...

MOVIE!

MY movie is 23 scenes long (not including credits)

This means that each scene is around 3-4 minutes long.

That means that my movie is gonna be about 92 minutes long.

Did I say a half hour movie? No...

I said An HOUR AND A HALF! *happy!*

SO!

Think about it. For me to make a 3-4 minute SHORT FILM... it takes me about 1 day.

INCLUDING EDITING!

So... that means that with my production team, I can make my movie SCENE BY SCENE

It will take about 23 days of shooting, give or take.

BUT if we do one day a week... then it'd take 23 weeks... give or take...

And then there's editing.

EDITING!

It'd be pretty hard to edit 500-800 shots on one time line. It'd take forever.

So what if I rendered each SCENE on its own, and then at the end, put all the scenes together and render only 23 clips in one time line.

That final render may take 24 hours... but who cares!? :D

That also leaves room for SOUNDTRACK!

SOUNDTRACK!

The soundtrack is gonna be simplistic and easy, but I have a lot of my name in the credits as it is. So if anyone out there feels like they could produce a soundtrack (and remember, kids... this is very important... you will have but a week to produce a track for each scene...)

If I finish shooting and editing, then I can hand the footage to someone for the soundtrack for the rest of the week while I begin shooting and editing the next scene. I then hand that and prepare the next... etc.

YAY!

'I love it when a taught plan comes together!' - Liam Neeson.

No comments: